Bruce is Lauren's father. Having moved from Dallas after getting engaged to Farrah Raudenfeld, he settles into life as Amy's step-dad for a time. He is supportive of Amy's coming out as well as his own daughter's intersex even though he has kept this hidden since she was five.
He has appeared on six episodes:
- Episode 1x02: Homecoming Out (Apr 29, 2014)
- Episode 1x08: Burnt Toast (Jun 10, 2014)
- Episode 2x08: Zen and the Art of Pageantry (Nov 11, 2014)
- Episode 2x14: Saturday Fight Live (Sep 21, 2015)
- Episode 2x18: Nuclear Prom (Oct 19, 2015)
- Episode 2x20: School's Out (Nov 2, 2015)
- Episode 3x05: Third Wheels (Apr 12, 2016)
His pet name for Lauren is 'show pony', she seems to respond to this when and only when he says it. His relationship with Lauren became complicated since 'Zen and the Art of Pageantry' since he pushed her to do pageants because of his guilt about her intersex. She discovered this when she and Amy competed. He is a member of the Austin chapter of PFLAG as well as a chaperon at His daughter's prom.
Following his divorce from Farrah due to marital infidelity (she left with her ex-husband, Hank who is Amy's father,). However, He allowed Lauren to remain with Amy and Farrah to complete high school at Hester because of her request and its inclusion (mostly her request) .