Faking It is an American romantic comedy series that premiered on MTV on April 22, 2014 and concluded on May 17, 2016, airing 38 episodes over three seasons. The series was created by Carter Covington, who also serves as the executive producer. The first season aired a total of eight episodes. MTV has renewed Faking It for a second season consisting of ten episodes. The second season of Faking It will premiere on September 23rd, 2014 on MTV.
New episodes of the show airs on tuesdays at 10:30/9:30c after Awkward.
On May 13, 2016 MTV's Faking It is not returning for a fourth season after they conclude three season.
At Hester High in the suburbs of Austin, being different is popular. Karma Ashcroft (Katie Stevens) and Amy Raudenfeld (Rita Volk) have tried everything to stand out. Under the impression that they are closeted lesbians, Shane Harvey (Michael J. Willett) invites them to his high school party. Excited to have a chance to join the "in" crowd, they accept. When they are mistakenly outed as lesbians and involuntarily nominated to becoming homecoming Queens, they continue the charade when their popularity soars. While Karma is happy to keep up the lesbian charade and keep her affair with Liam Booker (Gregg Sulkin) a secret, she has not told Liam that she is faking it with Amy and as time goes on, Amy starts to realize she may truly have feelings for Karma.
- Katie Stevens as Karma Ashcroft
- Rita Volk as Amy Raudenfeld
- Gregg Sulkin as Liam Booker
- Michael Willett as Shane Harvey
- Bailey Buntain as Lauren Cooper
- Rebecca McFarland as Farrah (Cooper)
- Amy Farrington as Molly Ashcroft (Karma's mother)
- Lance Barber as Lucas Aschcroft (Karma's father)
- Senta Moses as Principal Penelope at Hester High
- Erick Lopez as Tommy Ortega, a jock student at Hester and Lauren's ex-boyfriend
- Courtney Kato as Leila, a friend/minion of Lauren
- Breezy Eslin as (E)Lizabeth a friend/minion of Lauren, who refuses to use the E in her name because she wants both of her minions' names to start with L like Lauren.
- August Roads as Oliver, friends with Amy and her way of testing her feelings for guys.
- Anthony Palacios as Pablo, Shane's love interest and Lauren's dance partner.